Hope you can join us for...
11th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
We had a wonderful opportunity to celebrate our rich diversity in this great valley
last Friday night at the MSJC San Jacinto campus library.
(from left) Charles Knox, HRC Founder, Ajit Amrik Singh, HRC Board member, Kristina Leslie, Monte Vista Middle School, Wana Rubio, HRC Board treasurer, Michael Madrigal, HRC Board member, Mary Morse, HRC President
Kristina Leslie won the Presentation Award
(from left) Charles Knox, HRC Founder, Ajit Amrik Singh, HRC Board member, Second Place Andrea Mares, Western Center Academy, Honorable Mention Liam Farrell, San Jacinto Valley Academy, Honorable Mention Sirr Gardener, San Jacinto High School, First Place Amy Leslie, San Jacinto High School, Wana Rubio, HRC Board treasurer, Michael Madrigal, HRC Board member, Mary Morse, HRC President (not pictured - Honorable Mention Kaley Tassone, Tahquitz High School)
Andrea Mares won the Presentation Award
(from left) Ajit Amrik Singh, HRC Board member, Honorable Mention Sophia Mata, MSJC, Honorable Mention Cody Rukasin, MSJC, Wana Rubio, HRC Board treasurer, Michael Madrigal, HRC Board member, Mary Morse, HRC President, Charles Knox, HRC Founder (not pictured, First Place Breeanna Bridenthal, MSJC, Second Place Sara Burge, MSJC)
Cody Rukasin won the Presentation Award
We are a citizens' group dedicated to the following:
- Promoting cooperation and positive human relations in the community
- Promoting legal, economic and political equality
- Promoting equal access to health, housing, education and employment
- Preventing and ending discrimination among people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation
- Providing resources and referrals to solve problems of hate and discrimination
To promote cooperation and positive human relations in the community.